Industrial Digital Technology (IDT) Business Advisor
|SALARY UP TO:||£65,000.00 per year|
|SECTOR:||Science & Technology|
Technology (IDT) Business Advisor
North West Region
Within this role you will act as the first port of call for
enquiries relating to an Industrial Digital Technology (IDT) Programme
and you will support businesses in determining their potential to deliver
fundable IDT projects. You will manage the referral of these businesses to an
appropriate specialist and provide ongoing programme support including progress
monitoring and data collection. The Business Advisers will be co-located across
the 5 NW Business Growth Hubs.
· To deliver a programme to produce the maximum
impact in terms of assisting client companies to reach their full growth
potential, and delivery of improved productivity leading to improved
performance and GVA growth.
· Handling client enquiries via, phone and email,
initially assessing the growth potential and business needs using appropriate
tools, processes and systems where required and establishing and maintaining
effective relationships and key client contacts.
· Undertake diagnostics for businesses using
appropriate tools to identify development needs, referrals to an IDT Adviser
and recommend appropriate action plans where not referred directly to an IDT
· Ensure that potential clients comply with the
project eligibility criteria by ensuring that initial eligibility checks, prior
to formal assessment and action planning are carried out.
· Making sure clients are personally introduced to
those services identified as appropriate (internal and external) and monitor
the delivery of these services to support the client’s strategy and objectives
and address those barriers to growth identified.
· Develop and maintain a network of business and
professional contacts that generate referrals.
· Ensure that the monitoring and collection of
output and impacts data is undertaken throughout the project and at the
conclusion of each individual project in-line with funders’ requirements.
· A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working
within business support or employer engagement role
· Senior management experience within a
manufacturing business would be advantageous.
· Experience of managing and delivering business
assessment, advice and development.
· Experience of teamworking across a wide
· Sales and account management skills.
· Presentation skills both written and oral.
· Excellent communication and networking skills.
· Excellent planning, organisational,
administrative and project management skills.
· Understanding and experience of using project
· Technical knowledge in the key areas of IDT.
· Degree level business education, or degree
level qualification with a Management body or the relevant business experience
· Knowledge of budget and contract management
practice, particularly with regard public sector funded projects.
· Knowledge and understanding of the key
national, sub-regional and local organisations and their role in supporting
economic development and specifically business growth would be ideal.
· Understanding of customer focused approach of
working with businesses to foster engagement and encourage commitment to
working towards business growth.
sounds like the perfect role for you then please submit your CV.