|SALARY UP TO:||£30,018.00 per year|
|SECTOR:||Education and training|
FULL DESCRIPTION:Construction Tutor
Manchester City Centre
Permanent / Full-time
Up to £30,000 p/a
My Client is not-for-profit organisation based in Manchester who are looking to employ a Construction Tutor to give high quality delivery of a range of training services for Greater Manchester residents with a view to progress into employment within the construction industry in the local area.
• Develop materials and training courses designed to progress customers into employment within construction.
• Establish and deliver both group and one-to-one activities as part of client interventions including initial assessments and inductions with clients.
• Deliver both group and one-to-one intervention(s) following induction and assessment:
- Identify individual learning needs;
- Plan training to ensure it suits individual customer needs;
- Prepare and develop resources to support learning
- Facilitate learning in groups that improves employability and progression through presentations and activities;
- Provide feedback to colleagues on customer progression and further actions that could assist the customer
- Evaluate training and development sessions
• Identify and work with local training providers within the construction sector that deliver key qualifications in line with employment opportunities.
• Facilitate, deliver, design and coordinate construction focussed training courses in groups and one to one interventions, including but not exclusively:
- Health and Safety in the construction environment (Delivery)
- Employability training
- Work placements on site (Facilitate and coordinate)
- Working at Heights training (Facilitate and coordinate)
- Manual Handling (Facilitate and coordinate)
- Transferable skills
- Barriers to employment
- CPCS courses (off site)
• Seek ways to continuously improve service and own performance and report to manager on this.
• Carry out associated Administration work including report writing, collecting and analysing management information, evaluating service delivery and audit and review of records.
• MUST hold knowledge of the Construction Industry and associated training.
• Hold PTTLs, DTTLS, PGCE qualification or equivalent.
• Additional qualification in ESOL/Learners with Additional needs / Numeracy & Literacy.
• Ability to work with challenging customer groups.
• Recent experience of delivering training of customers with wide range of needs and barriers.
• Experience of working with long-term unemployed customers.
• Experience of coordinating training which includes external and internal delivery partners and tutors.
• Excellent knowledge of training and qualification frameworks.
• Good knowledge of customer base and needs.
• Good knowledge of additional learning needs such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, ESOL etc.
• Knowledge of the Construction Industry and associated training.
If you are interested in applying for this role please send your CV to Annalee.Wood@aspirerecruitment.org.uk or call 0161 245 4942.
REQUIRED SKILLSEducation, Tutor