|SALARY UP TO:||£20,895.00 per year|
|SECTOR:||Adminstration and clerical|
FULL DESCRIPTION:Administrative Assistant |
Manchester City Centre |
Temp / Full-time |
Up to £11.45 p/h
Our client is a Manchester based University, and is seeking a Administrative Assistant; the post holder will be part of an integrated team providing administrative support to postgraduate taught programmes in the School. The role involves supporting programme delivery and quality of the post-graduate taught programmes. This will include liaison with key contacts within and outside the University.
• To provide administrative support in the preparation, maintenance and monitoring of student records including using Campus Solutions and Discoverer for: Registration, Course Unit Enrolment and Course Unit Selection, Updating Couse Unit Publishing material, Assessment and examinations, Dissertation examination, Completions and Graduation.
• To act as first point of contact for student enquiries.
• To assist with the production and publication of programme documentation and other miscellaneous documentation. Update and ensure the accuracy of the published information.
• Maintain effective communication with all registered students e.g. informing of relevant workshops/training events, new procedures, deadlines etc.
• Maintain attendance records.
• Assist with the administration of examinations/assessment submissions for the School programmes.
• To assist in the administration of dissertations and projects
• To use Blackboard for the management of student assignments and marks and to liaise with the eLearning team regarding student technical queries and Blackboard development
• To assist with the payment of student stipends for scholarship students.
• To be responsible for raising purchase requisitions for programme related activity using the University finance systems (iProc/Oracle Financials).
• Respond to day-to-day enquiries from staff and in person and by telephone or email, regarding queries about their absences, etc. providing assistance where appropriate or directing them to the relevant source of information.
• Assist with the Landesk email enquiry system responding to and distributing enquiries to colleagues as required.
• Create exam grids and format for examination boards.
• Check, organise and archive examination material, ensuring security of data, facility of retrieval and with due regard to University records management procedures.
• Examination material will include scripts, projects and dissertations both in hard copy and/or electronic copy downloaded from Blackboard.
• Administration of PGT prizes.
• Check and send out result letters to PGT students.
• Preparation of unofficial transcripts for PGT students as required.
• Assisting with the operation of Welcome Week for PGT students.
• Assisting with the operation of PGT graduation.
• Service and minute teaching-related committee meetings including examination boards.
• General secretarial duties, including filing, photocopying, and scanning.
• Provide cover for the Student Support Reception as required.
• To maintain confidentiality of information in line with data protection requirements and University policy.
• To comply with Health and Safety requirements, including having an awareness of personal responsibilities to maintain a safe working environment.
• To contribute to the University’s agenda for social responsibility, including sustainability.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience of working with administrative processes in a customer facing office environment.
• Experience of working in a process driven team environment, demonstrating an ability to be flexible and provide support for colleagues.
• Good communication skills, demonstrating an ability to deal with a wide range of people.
• Flexible and responsive to customer needs and able to provide information and guidance whilst maintaining confidentiality.
• Good organisational skills, and able to prioritise work in a busy environment and meet strict deadlines.
• Experience of working in a team environment and able to support colleagues in the delivery of objectives.
• Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail.
• Demonstrate numeracy skills and the ability to identify problems and resolve issues effectively.
• Good computer skills.
• Knowledge and experience of using Campus Solutions.
• Experience of using Blackboard.
• Experience of working in Higher Education.
To apply, please submit your most up to date CV.
Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.
REQUIRED SKILLSAdministration & Clerical, Administration Assistant