Press and Public Affairs Manager
|LOCATION:||Islington London Boro|
|SALARY UP TO:||£45,000.00 per year|
FULL DESCRIPTION:Press and Public Affairs Manager
Fixed Term (Maternity Cover) / Full-time
Up to £45,000 p/a
Our client is a reputable registered educational charity seeking a Press and Public Affairs Manager.
The overall purpose of the role is:
- To deliver and progress the charity’s press, public affairs and campaigns strategy to maximise media opportunities and attract positive coverage for the charity.
- To provide strategic support to the CEO on matters relating to the early years sector and government policy.
- To expand the charity’s profile in Westminster, Whitehall and across the early years sector.
- To ensure that the charity’s policy messages and member views are represented and responded to by key decision makers.
- To sustain the charity's profile so that it remains recognised as the voice of the sector.
- To act as the charity’s main point of contact for all public affairs, media and public relations enquiries and act as a media spokesperson where necessary.
- To work with the CEO to achieve the charity’s strategic business plan and operational objectives by delivering results within the remit of responsibility.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will also be required to carry out any other duties which may reasonably be required of you in accordance with the needs of the charity. You are also required to be flexible and adaptable with respect to your role.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Substantial experience of developing and delivering public affairs, press, campaigns and programmes and strategies.
- Proven ability to cultivate relationships with MPs and journalists to communicate the aims and objectives of the Charity.
- Excellent political acumen with the ability to understand the legislative and regulatory factors which impact on the early years’ sector.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering substantial and regular press coverage across national, trade and local broadcast, print and online media.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering tangible results in a public affairs and/or campaigns context.
- Excellent analytical, writing and creative communication skills and experience in order to influence a wide range of audiences in different formats including press releases, policy briefings, newsletters and consultation documents.
- Strong conflict management and negotiation skills, in order to positively interact effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Experiences of analysing issues and developing appropriate policy guidance and responses.
- Excellent knowledge of how to effectively use social and digital media.
- Ability to respond to media and campaign enquiries out of hours.
- Able to work outside of normal business hours and occasional overnight stays outside London in line with the business needs of the Charity.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
To apply, please submit your most up to date CV.
Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.
REQUIRED SKILLSOther, Not specified