|SALARY UP TO:||£13,035.00 per year|
FULL DESCRIPTION:Accounts Assistant
Manchester City Centre
Temp-to-Perm / Part-time (25hrs p/w)
This is an exciting opportunity to work as a part-time Accounts Assistant within a highly successful company which recognises the value of the talented individual as part of a motivated and effective team. The successful candidate would be working in a position of responsibility and the role will offer secure employment, variety and development opportunities.
The primary purpose of the role is to offer help and support to the existing Finance team to cover all aspects of the Finance department’s responsibilities as required. The use of Sage 50 Accounts is key to the role to ensure accurate and timely accounting records are maintained. Support with project work within the team, for example cash flows and budgets, along with project work from outside of the department will also be required. The role will involve working with all departments in a collaborative manner to improve output provided from Sage 50/Finance department. This is a varied role suitable for someone with a broad Accounts background who enjoys challenging priorities and a varied workload.
Key Responsibilities of this role:
- The Accounts Assistant will ensure that the Sage Accounts package is updated on a daily basis to provide all users/management with the most up-to-date and accurate information possible.
- The role will specifically involve inputting, developing and analysing reports/data related to project work such as cash flow, budgets and management accounts production.
- Other areas of focus are to provide support and cover, but are not limited to; Sales and Purchase ledger with tasks to include- order inputting, invoicing, posting receipts/payments, filing, customer/supplier queries, monitoring payments etc.; stock order inputting; nominal ledger to include nominal checks and filing.
- Provide support/cover to the Accounts team and other areas of the business with editing, adapting and creating reporting within Sage in order to improve reporting capabilities, and where possible linking reports to excel or other appropriate systems/software.
- Provide support/cover with managing the Company’s stock systems to maintain accurate records of the total stock position that can be regularly shared with all management and colleagues to allow for the availability of stock values/valuation at all times.
- Provide support to the Accounts/Imports team by dealing with Imports/Finance related activities such as Import invoice/payment queries, customs enquiries, imported stock costings/pricing, and import documents checks.
- Provide support to colleagues with Sage training requirements as and when required.
- Provide reports to colleagues/management upon request.
- Offer support to the Head of Accounts/Accountant as required.
Key Internal Relationships:
- Sales teams
Are you the perfect candidate? Do you have:
- Knowledge of Sage 50 Accounts.
- Experience of working within an Accounts team.
- Knowledge of excel and other Microsoft packages.
- Wide range of accounts experience.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work on various projects while maintaining day-to-day tasks.
- A team player who is willing to help others during busy times.
- Ability to work with all levels and abilities within and outside of the department.
- Able to communicate effectively with senior management and all colleagues internally, as well as all external contacts including customers and suppliers.
- Proactive attitude and desire to improve processes.
- Capable of responding and working with all personality types and styles in a diverse environment with respect for all.
- Responding with self-confidence and enthusiasm to challenging and changing demands.
- Self-motivated with the ability to identify system development opportunities.
- Organised with ability to prioritise.
- Managing fast changing priorities & demanding timescales.
- Driven, eager to learn and a strong work ethic.
To apply, please submit your most up to date CV.
Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.
REQUIRED SKILLSFinancial Services, Accounts Assistant