Divisional Administrator / PA
|SALARY UP TO:||£23,395.00 per year|
|SECTOR:||Adminstration and clerical|
FULL DESCRIPTION:Divisional Administrator / PA
Manchester City Centre
Temp / Full-time
An exciting opportunity to work within Higher Education as a Divisional Administrator / Personal Assistant!
The primary aim of this role is to provide comprehensive and proactive Personal Assistant and administrative support for divisional staff and activities undertaken in the School.
Key responsibilities, accountabilities or duties:
- Provide comprehensive PA support for a number of professors or members of the Divisional Leadership Team including:
- Managing various complex diaries to ensure appropriate use of time - responsibility for diary management, arranging meetings, appointments, attendance at functions both on and off campus.
- Servicing and minute taking of relevant Divisional/School Committees ensuring that actions arising are followed up.
- Dealing with emails, i.e., identifying urgent issues, initiating appropriate responses etc.
- Producing and collating documents and communications including peer reviewed reports on papers, grants, preparation of agendas, minutes, appraisals for academic members of staff, job plans and Performance & Developmental Reviews for academic staff.
- Organising travel arrangements via Egencia - Planning and booking travel within the UK and internationally. Reviewing the available travel options and providing recommendations with consideration to the schedule and requirements of the traveller. Identifying and booking suitable accommodation.
- Completing by delegation of expense claims.
- Use of the internet to submit manuscripts for publications, search and retrieve scientific papers using PubMed and the University Library electronic and other resources and assisting with literature searches.
- Liaison with external academic colleagues in other higher education institutions, NHS Staff both in the United Kingdom and overseas.
- Maintaining and updating academic staff CV and electronic profiles via PURE.
- Provide administrative support for Divisional staff -proactively distinguishing between issues that require personal attention and others that can be referred to other members of staff or where signposting is appropriate.
- Arranging/assisting with regular meetings for allocated groupings within the Division, including arranging room booking, catering, circulating agendas, minute taking and following up actions.
- Booking of travel and/or accommodation via Egencia.
- Creating and managing publication of Division Alumni Magazine, liaising with Senior internal and external staff to collate information and imagery.
- Administration for REF/RRE exercise, collating extensive publication data from individuals, ensuring correct data is submitted onto PURE and support Divisional Research Director.
- Arrangement of all aspects of ad-hoc conference/seminar organisation, including arranging speakers, travel, accommodation, refreshments, presentation preparation and related expenditure.
- Arrangement of teleconferencing and Skype facilities for meetings.
- Arrangement of courier services with reception staff.
- Arranging programmes for visitors.
- Maintenance of staff lists and e-mail distribution lists.
- Other tasks and duties as appropriate.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Knowledge and experience of providing effective PA support, including diary management.
- Experience of the organisation and smooth running of events.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), demonstrating an ability to deal with a wide range of people.
- Flexible and responsive to customer needs and able to provide information, advice and guidance whilst maintaining confidentiality
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise a variety of work activities in a busy environment and meet strict deadlines.
- Experience of working in a team environment within a large organisation, demonstrating an ability to be flexible and provide support for colleagues.
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrates numeracy, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to identify and resolve issues effectively.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Able to supervise staff and coordinate work activities.
- Demonstrable commitment to the Client’s strategy, vision and values.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience of managing heavily formatted data (e.g. in databases, database driven on-line applications or large spreadsheets).
- Working knowledge of Oracle/iProc/Discoverer/Egencia/JobTrain/CMS (Website tool) and Pure.
To apply, please submit your most up to date CV.
Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.
REQUIRED SKILLSAdministration & Clerical, Administrator