|SALARY UP TO:||£20,895.00 per year|
|SECTOR:||Adminstration and clerical|
FULL DESCRIPTION:Administrative Assistant
Manchester City Centre
Temp / Full-time
An exciting opportunity to work within Higher Education as an administrative assistant!
The primary aim of this role is to provide comprehensive and proactive administrative support for divisional staff and activities undertaken in the School. The post holder will be a key administrative point of contact within the division and will ensure questions, issues and concerns are dealt with effectively.
Main duties include:
- Provide efficient and effective administrative support to divisional staff to include:
Recording and relaying telephone and email messages; filtering emails; sorting the incoming mail; filing, records maintenance and archiving; ordering stationery; scanning, faxing, printing, photocopying and distribution of documents; word processing documents and preparing simple Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations.
- Organising travel and accommodation for UK and overseas trips and making arrangements for visitors.
- Diary management, including using initiative when booking appointments, providing advice on attendance.
- Managing room bookings.
- Servicing and organising regular and ad-hoc meetings and events, including booking rooms, equipment and refreshments; collating and distributing agendas; and taking and distributing minutes.
- Assisting with the preparation of paperwork relating to grant applications.
- Assisting with the preparation of research papers and presentations.
- Assisting with the proactive collection of data for the Division, including grants/contracts/conferences attended.
- Assisting with maintenance of staff records, including the recording of sickness and holidays.
- Assisting with tasks in relation to the recruitment of new staff to the School, according to University policy and procedure when required.
- Provide day to day finance support to include:
- Processing requisitions, orders and receipts on the iProc Oracle financial system;
Assisting with staff expense claims;
- Liaising with the Finance Team to obtain financial information and reports;
- Resolving basic queries.
- Set up and maintain accurate internal Listserv mailing lists for the circulation of information within the Division.
- Circulate announcements using the Faculty Intranet Announcement Service.
- Support or assist with, as appropriate, the population and maintenance of local databases and websites.
- Undertake Health & Safety duties as required, which may include acting as first aider, display screen equipment assessor and/or evacuation marshal.
- Assist in reporting and following up on estate matters affecting the Division.
- To maintain confidentiality of information in line with data protection requirements and University policy.
- To comply with Health and Safety requirements, including having an awareness of personal responsibilities to maintain a safe working environment.
- To contribute to the University’s agenda for social responsibility, including sustainability.
- In all of the above acting proactively and exercising judgement and providing work output to a high standard and acting with the utmost professionalism, discretion, and ensuring confidentiality.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Experience of working with administrative processes in a customer facing office environment, ideally with knowledge and/or experience of a higher education.
- Experience of working in a process driven team environment, demonstrating an ability to be flexible and provide support for colleagues.
- Good communication skills, demonstrating an ability to deal with a wide range of people.
- Flexible and responsive to customer needs and able to provide information and guidance whilst maintaining confidentiality.
- Good organisational skills, and able to prioritise work in a busy environment and meet strict deadlines.
- Experience of working in a team environment and able to support colleagues in the delivery of objectives.
- Experience of requisitioning and related finance processes.
- Demonstrate numeracy skills and the ability to identify problems and resolve issues effectively.
- Experience of managing diaries and organising and booking travel.
- Experience of taking minutes.
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good computer skills.
- Demonstrable commitment to the clients strategy, vision and values.
Desirable qualities include:
- ECDL qualification or equivalent.
- Experience of working in the role of a PA to senior staff.
- Experience of contributing to the organisation and smooth running of events.
- Experience of managing heavily formatted data (eg in databases, database driven on-line applications or large spreadsheets).
- Experience of authoring content for the web and of related tasks such as sourcing images, managing updates, co-ordinating with material hosted elsewhere, etc.
- Working knowledge of Oracle/iProc/Discoverer/Egencia/JobTrain /CMS (Website tool) and Pure.
To apply, please submit your most up to date CV.
Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.
REQUIRED SKILLSAdministration & Clerical, Administration Assistant