|SALARY UP TO:||£17,793.00 per year|
|SECTOR:||Adminstration and clerical|
FULL DESCRIPTION:Admissions Assistant
Manchester City Centre
Temp / Full-time
An exciting opportunity to work within Higher Education as an Admissions Assistant!
The successful applicant will support the recruitment and admission of students through fulfilling the administrative needs of the department.
Key duties include:
- Update student admissions records with appropriate reference to current data protection legislation.
- Provide reports from the student record system as required.
- Process course applications in line with specified criteria.
- Verify qualifications are internationally recognised and that the required English language level has been achieved.
- Select applicants for visit day attendance and interview.
- Generate interview letters to applicants, record replies and maintain visit day records.
- Send appropriate written communication to candidates and maintain status records.
- Record admissions statistics and interviewer success statistics for the Admissions Team.
- Liaise with central Admissions and Recruitment Office where applications require further discussion.
- General secretarial duties, including filing, photocopying, scanning and faxing.
- Provide assistance to colleagues as and when required
- Any other duties that may arise which are commensurate with the grade
The ideal candidate must have:
- Previous administration experience (preferably within the higher education sector).
- A high standard of computer literacy and a willingness to learn new computer systems.
- A good standard of written English, attention to detail and the ability to record information correctly.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively and to operate professionally with staff, students and their families, contacts from other Faculties, Central Administration and from outside organisations.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality and work with sensitive data in a secure manner.
- The ability to work on own initiative within a team environment and work without close supervision.
- Well-developed organisational skills with the ability to multi-task effectively.
- A high degree of accuracy for maintaining accurate database records and filing systems.
- Ability to learn new systems very quickly and adapt working processes accordingly.
Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.
REQUIRED SKILLSAdministration & Clerical, Administration Assistant