Meetings, Events and Groups Co-ordinator
|SALARY UP TO:||£17,011.00 per year|
FULL DESCRIPTION:Meetings, Events and Groups Co-ordinator
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an award-winning hotel as Meetings, Events and Groups Co-ordinator.
My client is 4 Star Hotel situated in the heart of Manchester City Centre attracting both corporate and leisure guests, it has 140 bedrooms offering Superior, Premier and Executive accommodation, and meeting facilities.
It also incorporates the 24 Bar & Grill Restaurant which provides all food and beverage requirements for the hotel, including room service, breakfast, in house and casual dining, conference and banqueting. The bar is renowned for its extensive list of cocktails and spirits.
Having recently undergone a full refurbishment of the lobby area, the hotel continues to undergo refurbishment to modernize and offer the best possible standards to our guests.
As Meetings, Events & Groups Coordinator you will be responsible for selling the venue to our guests either via phone, e-mail or face-to-face. You will need excellent IT and communication skills, a good telephone manner, accuracy and attention to detail and a flexible methodical approach to work. In summary, you will place the customer at the heart of everything you do, you are motivated by the achievement of optimum levels of performance and efficiency and thrive when leading change initiatives to meet strategic goals plus maximising hotel revenue.
• Accurate administration and control of all Meetings, Events & Group accommodation bookings for the hotel.
• Take inquiries for Meeting, Events & Groups and convert them into sales
• Actively seeks when available, to interact with existing, potential and new clients by show rounds and participation in familiarisation trips
• Adhere to the policy regarding the inquiry handling and issuing and return of contracts.
• Ensure that all Meetings, Events & Groups files are kept updated.
• Maintain all statistics and denials in line with procedure.
• Ensure that all final details, payments and requests are co-ordinated and finalised prior to events taking place.
• Responsibility for group reservations - create reservations, keep updated with rooming lists, handle credit facilities together with accounts department when invoicing requested, and liaise with client representative during the event.
• Work with on-line sites to maximise revenue opportunity.
• Communicate to the Sales Manager & General Manager any information that may impact the profitability.
• Ensure compliance with specifications of meetings and events orders by working closely with Reservations and Food and Beverage teams.
• Review and document guest specifications and suggests alternatives as appropriate.
• Follow-up with guests to determine satisfaction; measure results and establish strategies to improve the quality of the guest experience.
• Monitor present and future trends, practices and systems to ensure that operations are competitive in the market place.
• Perform a ‘Meet & Greet’ function with meeting & event planners to go through the event and successfully build relationships with regular & new clients.
• Monitor and chase any no show/cancellation documentation relating to the Groups & Events.
• Follow up on all enquiries via telephone or email to the standard set by the Hotel and maximise revenue with each booking.
• Communicate and distribute the daily change logs, daily sheets and signage.
• Complete the revenue pack in a timely manner for the weekly Operations meeting.
• Ensure that changes made on the day are communicated to the Hotel Team and the Kitchen in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Meet individual targets as set out by the General Manager.
The ideal candidate must be a team player who is motivated to go beyond guest expectations and who is able to take and give direction to achieve great success within their future with the Hotel. Having a positive approach to working life is essential for this position. Previous experience within the hotel sector is required.
The main requirements for the Meeting & Events & Groups Coordinator are:
• An excellent team player with strong communication skills, you will have a passion for delivering a great customer experience.
• A positive and vibrant individual who is passionate about hospitality and great guest service.
• Must be flexible with working hours which may from time to time include weekends / evenings.
• Previous experience in a similar environment is an advantage.
There has never been a more exciting time to join us and this role plays a huge part in continuing to build upon our reputation as a venue of choice in the city.
This role is offered in a full time basis and flexibility is required from the individual as on occasion they will be required to be on site for events in evenings or at weekends.
The successful candidate will benefit from a fun, flexible working environment, in house discounts, free meals on duty plus access to our benefits partner.
Applications will be reviewed and interviews held on an ongoing basis so if this role is of interest to you please apply sooner rather than later.
REQUIRED SKILLSHospitality, Hotel Receptionist