Training Centre Manager
|SALARY UP TO:||£32,000.00 per year|
|SECTOR:||Education and training|
FULL DESCRIPTION:Training Centre Manager
£29, 000 - £35, 000
Stockport & Harpurhey
Responsible for the successful design and delivery of industry/employability relevant training and development programmes which meet learner and employer needs in line with specific funding and quality standards and the financial targets of the delivery team.
Assist in the development of individual service area plans
Develop detailed delivery plans and timetables which deliver agreed targets
Review MI and agree and implement any corrective plans necessary
Business Development and Marketing:
Develop productive relationships with key partners to inform competitive curriculum and to identify market opportunities
Evaluate and analyse learner, employer and staff feedback to inform curriculum offer so that it is competitive in the market meeting learner and employer needs.
Translate curriculum offer into delivery models which are competitive and attractive to learners and employers in terms of operational practices
Cooperate and collaborate with colleagues and teams, in agreement with the senior manager, in order to support the effective delivery of own and others’ service plans.
Account manage key employers and participate in geographical and sector interest groups.
Contribute to tenders and bids to secure business growth.
Create and manage Outreach Activities to attract residents.
Leadership and management:
Recruit staff ensuring that the team has the necessary spread of expertise/qualification and performance culture needed to meet targets.
Manage delivery teams and staff, ensuring service delivery plans and timetables are adhered to
Performance manage staff and teams against agreed indicator targets so that targets are met
Identify staff development needs to meet and exceed minimum professional requirements and to ensure efficient operational practice.
Embed the company culture and lead staff so that the behaviour, attitude and belief contribute to high quality delivery and strong performance against targets
• Incorporate the company’s health and safety and safeguarding arrangements for staff and customers in everything we do.
• Motivate staff to be customer responsive and to identify programme enhancement opportunities
• Management of Training, Resources and Facilities.
• Trouble shooting day to day learner/ operational issues ensuring continuity of service delivery.
Depending on the programme managed, the role holder is responsible for:
• Direct line management of between 5 and 13 members of staff.
• Day to day operational management of two Training Centres
• Managing 200+ employer placements per year
• Delivering programmes to between 60 and 180 students at any one time
• Managing provision within a pre-determined budget
• Recruitment of students in order to generate target income (£600K-£1M)
• Planning the efficient use of resource to maximize output
• Performance management and development of staff
• Developing relationships with partners and, critically, key industry employers
• Ability to turn learner and industry need into viable curriculum, including bespoke packages and partnership models with key employers
Experience and Knowledge:
• Industry specific knowledge and experience
• Proven track record of funded and/or commercial success, motivating teams to achieve
• Experience of developing and delivering Learner Responsive/ Apprenticeships/Workplace Learning
• Experience of driving quality and contract compliance alongside financial targets
• Funding and awarding body requirements
• Exemplary delivery experience
•Strong people management skills
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Clear focus on the customer and empathy for their needs
• Consultative sales skills including diplomatic negotiation and influencing
• Able to work effectively under pressure and maintain a professional approach
• Takes responsibility for own workload
Please note this vacancy is being handled by Aspire Recruitment (agy). Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.
REQUIRED SKILLSEducation, Teacher