Business Advisor (Finance Specialist)
|SALARY UP TO:||£36,000.00 per year|
FULL DESCRIPTION:Business Advisor - Finance Specialist
To deliver high quality business growth advice to a portfolio of ambitious business owners and senior managers of companies looking to achieve growth. The role will assess the growth potential of eligible businesses, diagnose any barriers to innovation or advancement which may be holding back growth and agree suitable action plans to address these and release growth opportunities. This will include: handling enquiries from first eligibility checks through to the completion and implementation of growth plans, linking clients to those services and sources of expertise best suited to deliver practical solutions and instil new knowledge that will underpin future business performance and growth, ensuring this is delivered against operational plans and milestones.
The Business Advisor’s (Level 2) primary responsibility is to ensure that the Company’s Finance Service is delivered to produce the maximum impact in terms of assisting the client company to reach their full growth potential, and delivery of outputs and outcomes in terms of improved performance, GVA growth, new jobs created and jobs safeguarded.
All levels of advisor will have the following responsibilities:
• Handling client enquiries via, phone and email, initially assessing the growth potential and business needs using appropriate tools, processes and systems where required and Establishing and maintaining effective relationships and key client contacts
• Ensure that potential clients comply with the project eligibility criteria by ensuring that initial eligibility checks, prior to formal assessment and action planning are carried out.
• Making sure clients are personally introduced to those services identified as appropriate (internal and external) and monitor the delivery of these services is to support the clients strategy and/or objectives and address those barriers to growth identified
• Ensure that the monitoring and collection of output and impacts data is undertaken throughout the project and at the conclusion of each individual project in-line with funders’ requirements
• Ensure client enquiries and partner referrals are correctly recorded on the CRM and associated service specific data capturing systems, updating progress against agreed actions as plans progress and ensure all administration is completed in timely manner against deadlines and is checked for accuracy
• Work with the relevant businesses closely to monitor any outputs including new jobs created/safeguarded, any GVA increase and other service specific outputs and outcomes that result from activities undertaken.
• Undertake detailed diagnostics on a business or a detailed diagnostic on a particular functional or business area using various tools and methods to capture baseline data from clients and as identify needs, which should be addressed by developing and implementing comprehensive growth plans
• Undertake detailed discussions with client to understand their business issues and making sound recommendations for appropriate actions that will lead to growth
• Deliver growth support directly to enable them to fully meet their growth potential; this will also include the need to utilise other specialist internal and external resources
• Develop and maintain a network of business/professional contacts that generate personal referrals
• Sales and Account management skills
• Presentation skills both written and oral
• Excellent communication and networking skills
• Excellent planning, organizational, administrative and project management skills
• Well-developed IT skills, including an understanding of computerised management information systems, spreadsheets, diary management, e-mail and CRM databases.
Qualifications / Experience
• At least degree level business education, or degree level qualification with a Management body or the relevant business experience to match those
• Over 5 years of sector(s)/business experience in the private sector, including at a senior management or Director level (however, candidates with less than this number of years’ experience, who can demonstrate the necessary skills, will be considered).
• Proven track record in managing the range of business issues associated with periods of business growth
• Proven track record in working effectively in a professional team/s
• Professional experience and approach to managing and delivering business assessment, advice and development
• Understanding and experience of using project management techniques
• Has technical knowledge in the key areas of –
• SME Financial Strategy
• Interpreting Financial Statements
• Investment Readiness & Appraisal
• SME Funding Sources & Solutions
• Knowledge of budget and contract management practice, particularly with regard ERDF funded projects.
• Knowledge and understanding of the key national, sub-regional and local organisations and their role in supporting economic development and specifically business growth
• Understanding of customer focused approach of working with businesses to foster engagement and encourage commitment to working towards economic development
• Team player, but also a self-starter
• Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Ability to identify opportunities and to be innovative
Please note this vacancy is being handled by Aspire Recruitment (agy). Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.
REQUIRED SKILLSFinancial Services, Management Accountant