Employment & Training Consultant
|SALARY UP TO:||£22,000.00 per year|
|SECTOR:||Education and training|
FULL DESCRIPTION:Employment & Training Consultant
£22,000 - £23,000 pa
I am currently recruiting for one of the fastest growing welfare to work providers and they are looking to strengthen their team due to increased success and growing business, with the addition of an Employment & Training Consultant.
As an Employment & Training Consultant you will be responsible for delivering a range of guidance and training services for unemployed people, contribute to individuals’ progression into employment, training, education, etc.
You will be responsible for working within a team, co-ordinating and delivering advice, guidance and training interventions that meet the needs of individual unemployed people.
Furthermore you will operate referral and liaison procedures with other agencies as required. Also you will be supporting people's achievement of skills (including certification) and progression to employment, training, and education.
You will be establishing and delivering both group and one-to-one activities as part of client interventions including initial assessments and inductions with clients. This will include;
• Identify individual learning needs.
• Plan training and other interventions for each client.
• Develop interaction with clients.
• Enable client to access and use information.
• Record discussions and training sessions and co-ordinate further activity with client.
• Provide support for the client in implementing future courses of action.
• Deliver further interventions with client as required, assisting clients to decide on options for meeting their needs and provide support for clients in planning a course of action.
• Prepare and develop resources to support learning.
• Facilitate learning in groups that improves employability and progression through presentations and activities.
• Evaluate training and development sessions.
What we’re looking for:
As the ideal candidate you will have worked in a similar role. A background working in welfare to work company is beneficial.
The above is essential but above all we are looking for the successful candidate for the role of an Employment & Training Consultant to have the following:
• Experience: Working in training, guidance, advice & counselling environments.
• NVQ Level 2 or above in Information, Advice and Guidance or the equivalent
• Presentation - both one-to-one and group.
• Marketing - networking and promotion in variety of forums.
• Time Management/organisation - working flexibly and in a variety of locations.
• Administration - accurate and IT literate.
• Strong interpersonal - customer contact and close team-work.
• Self motivation and self confidence - dealing with disappointments, difficult clients, etc.
• £22,000 - £23,000 pa
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (with options for additional holiday scheme)
• Extremely competitive pension package
• Private healthcare plan
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Discounted gym membership
• Discount and cashback offers on our ‘HIVE’ portal – restaurants, spa’s, shopping etc
Please note this vacancy is being handled by Aspire Recruitment (agy). Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.
REQUIRED SKILLSWelfare to Work, Employability Tutor