|SALARY UP TO:||£22,000.00 per year|
|SECTOR:||Education and training|
6 Month Fixed-Term Contract
£22, 000 Per Annum
To develop, promote, deliver and assess training in order to maximise learning outcomes for students.
• Promote courses and recruit in order to maximise occupancy levels.
• Carry out initial and on-going assessment to ensure students are on the right programme and receiving the right level of support.
• Plan & design appropriate training programmes (including development of schemes of work, lesson plans, Apprenticeship Learning Plans etc), taking account of individual requirements to ensure differentiation of learning.
• Adopt effective use of new technologies including development of learning programmes on SoL-VE and use of webinars/Skype etc to meet market demands and enhance the learning experience for students.
• Deliver high quality, engaging training to encourage learners to attend, stay on programme and achieve.
• Manage the safe evacuation of students in the event of fire or other emergency, following agreed company procedures and ensure that health and safety procedures are followed at all times.
• Where appropriate, prepare students to successfully undertake assignments or sit tests/exams in order to maintain high success rates.
• Monitor and track students’ progress, including through reviews to ensure high achievement rates.
• Mark/assess students’ work, provide structured feedback and set development objectives for students.
• Moderate course work/liaise with external moderators to ensure university and awarding body standards and deadlines are met (HE tutors only).
• Act as Programme Leader for specific awards with responsibility for admissions, the co-ordination of tutor resource, representation at exam boards, uploading of marks and programme evaluation (HE tutors only).
• Evaluate training and implement appropriate improvement actions.
• Number of delivery hours per week (6-24)
• Number of students taught per week(10-50)
• Number of 1:1/tutorial hours (4 – 8 hours per week)
• Level of programme taught (Entry level – Level 3)
• Programme leader responsibilities (HE tutors only) – matrix management of other tutors in relation to the programmes they lead
• Range of subject areas taught
• Tutor specialisms (e.g. special needs, IAG etc)
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to plan and organise workload effectively
• IT skills including the ability to use technology to support learning delivery
• Industry experience in specialist area
• Experience of T&L quality standards especially OfSTED
• At least 1-2 years’ teaching experience
• Where appropriate, expertise in working with special needs e.g. LLDD (learners with learning difficulties and/or disabilities) and challenging behaviour)
• Up to date knowledge of specialist subject area/professional qualifications as appropriate
• Must hold teaching qualification – PGCE, PGDE, Cert Ed, DTLLS (and L5+ subject specialisms where necessary).
• Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and procedures including emergency evacuation
• Motivating and inspiring
• Flexible approach
Please note this vacancy is being handled by Aspire Recruitment (agy). Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.
REQUIRED SKILLSWelfare to Work, Employability Tutor