|SALARY UP TO:||£22,000.00 per year|
FULL DESCRIPTION:Learning Mentor
Stockport, Bury, Wigan
To work with a case load of unemployed customers with multiple complex needs who are identified as having a skills barrier as one of those needs and to provide the support necessary to facilitate individual customer progression into further learning or sustained employment.
• Responsible for contributing to generating new referrals by working with a wide range of stakeholders in order to promote participation and generate referrals to Service.
• Complete comprehensive individual initial diagnostic assessments with customers which will lead to an informed and personalised training and support plan.
• Deliver one to one interventions at inductions and assessments and subsequent follow up appointments by one to one or group sessions.
• Operate referral and liaison procedures with other agencies as required (i.e. local referral partners, colleges, training providers and employers) to support peoples’ achievement of skills (including certification) and progression to employment, training and education.
• Work as part of a team to co-ordinate and deliver advice, guidance and training interventions that meet the needs of individuals who have had limited experience of employment and who face barriers to gaining and sustaining employment.
• Working with key partners to build on rather than duplicate the support that individuals have already received from other programmes and interventions, ensuring the support is effectively sequenced and adds considerable value.
• Develop and co-case manage client action plans.
• Develop learners’ skills and measurably move them closer to the labour market.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with key partners and agencies in order to generate a flow of eligible and appropriate new customers.
• Pro-actively challenge and support individuals to ensuring that they remain engaged.
• Refer customers to and support customers to engage in accredited and non-accredited learning.
• Deliver motivational and confidence building activities on an individual or group basis.
• Support to find and apply for work including apprenticeships.
• Unemployed individuals.
• Colleges and other skills providers and Work Experience providers.
• Stake holders & partners including Job Centre Plus, Local Authorities etc.
• Other Work Company staff.
• Other Welfare to work providers.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills.
• Ability to work in a target driven environment, with a focus on the successful achievement of job outcomes and sustained outcomes for customers.
• Ability to identify individuals’ needs, refer them to other wrap around support services (e.g. debt, health, dependency, housing) and help tackle their wider barriers to employment.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Well-developed IT skills, including MI systems, spreadsheets and diary management, email, data security.
• Ability to work in an outreach capacity, complete home visits and lone working if required.
• Flexible approach to work including willingness to travel, with occasional unsociable hours.
• Negotiation skills and the ability to challenge.
• Ability to work to Key performance indicators and challenging targets.
• Administration skills, strong accuracy, numeracy and literacy, strong integrity.
• Ability to network and promote the organisation.
• Time management and strong organisation skills.
• Ideally working in training, guidance, advice & counselling environments.
• Working with vulnerable customer groups.
• Working to targets.
• Knowledge of Support services in the local area and how to refer to them.
• Excellent knowledge of the local labour market, methods of recruitment and awareness of growth industries.
• Good knowledge of welfare to work and the customer base.
• Good knowledge of training, education and employment opportunities.
• A warm, approachable empathetic style and the ability to establish a rapport and build relationships with customers that support their progression to sustained employment.
• Ability to understand, demonstrate and apply the company’s values: Make a positive difference, Stronger together, Empower people, Do the right thing, Build on success.
Please note this vacancy is being handled by Aspire Recruitment (agy). Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for successful for the next stage.
REQUIRED SKILLSWelfare to Work, Advisor