|SALARY UP TO:||£22,000.00 per year|
|SECTOR:||Education and training|
FULL DESCRIPTION:Placement Officer
Manchester City Centre
The post holder will be responsible for working with organisations in the private, charitable and voluntary sector to identify and source suitable placements. They will support the employer’s recruitment, workforce development and business needs. The post holder will also promote and sell the company’s products and services.
• Develop and implement a range of activity which produces leads and creates the opportunity to sell products and services to employers. Such activity will include but not be limited to:
• Generate mail shots and complete follow up calls.
• Cold calling both in person and via phone or email.
• Attend and organize local networking events, recruitment fairs, conferences to promote benefits of the programme.
• Sourcing and secure suitable placements/vacancies.
• Liaise with employers and other organisations to source placement opportunities that may lead to sustainable employment.
• Support learners on placement and monitor their progress.
• Liaise with the recruitment team to identify suitable employers who could provide work placement opportunities.
• Undertake Health and safety assessments and update Health and safety information for placements and work with the hosts to ensure suitability of placements.
• Work with customers to further develop placement opportunities.
• Identify and fill work placements appropriately in line with performance measures.
• Work closely with advisors to support customer aspirations for work experience.
• Meet all customers and pre-screen ensuring suitability for placement.
• Arrange interviews as appropriate.
• Work closely with Placements Hosts to ensure minimal complaints.
• Work with customers to promote positive behaviours associated with work to optimise experience of the placement.
• Understand and maintain current knowledge of the local labour market and utilise this knowledge to further the aims of the programme.
• Keep accurate records in line with contract requirements.
• Support the Business objectives by ensuring targets are met.
• Develop ongoing relationships with hosts who have used services previously, ensuring that repeat business is generated.
• Maintain a positive and professional company image at all.
• Work safely supporting the company Health and safety policy.
• Perform any additional duties in line with key responsibilities and ensuring success of the programme.
• Gather feedback from Placement hosts and ensure this is distributed correctly.
• Ensure all MI is up to date and all relevant systems are updated daily.
• Adhere to all company data security procedures.
Key Skills / Knowledge / Experience:
• Must have previous sales experience and negotiation skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate with voluntary, charitable and private organisations to optimize placements as well as managing expectations and dealing with complaints.
• Networking and communication skills, both written and oral.
• Ability to work to challenging targets and KPIs.
• Flexible approach to work including willingness to travel and working occasional unsociable hours.
• Well-developed IT skills, including an understanding of computerised management information systems, spreadsheets, diary management, and e-mail.
• Ability to make contact with decision makers, identifying business opportunities and closing contracts.
• The ability to work under pressure in a highly performance driven environment.
• The ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Time management and planning own workload.
• Recent experience of working to challenging targets within a sales environment.
• Ideally experience of securing vacancies/placements.
• Excellent knowledge of the local labour market, methods of recruitment and growth industries.
• Good knowledge of welfare to work and the customer base.
• A warm, approachable style to delivery is required in order to build relationships and rapport.
• Ability to understand, demonstrate and apply the company’s values: Make a positive difference, Stronger together, Empower people, Do the right thing, Build on success.
Please note this vacancy is being handled by Aspire Recruitment (agy). Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.
REQUIRED SKILLSWelfare to Work, Placement Consultant